Our construction processes, products and materials are environmentally friendly and reflect our sensitivity towards the natural environment on which our industry relies. Our construction methodology is considered ‘best practice’ and incorporates the use of the most up-to-date technology available within the marine industry.
Sustainability and Environmental Declaration for The Marina Specialist Pty Ltd. trading as The Jetty Specialist.
- The company catches and contains 250,000 litres of rainwater in four stainless steel tanks.
- Rainwater is reticulated around the factory to four outlet taps for use in production activities. It is also plumbed into all toilets.
- A solar hot water system is mounted on the roof for shower and kitchen facilities.
- All water used in the wash bays is caught within a treatment system and is filtered and treated prior to being released into the Council waste water.
- Water run off from our hard stand area is trapped and treated in a waste water cleaning facility where any potential contaminants are removed prior to the water being drained into the Council storm water pipelines.
- Excess bolts and fixings including excess leftover materials are all stored for re use on future projects.
- Batteries from machinery and motor vehicles are all recycled.
- All waste oil is collected and recycled.
- All Excess concrete is recycled and used to make Anchor mooring blocks for boat moorings.
- Aluminum waste is collected and recycled
- High Density Polyethylene sheet and plastic waste is all collected and recycled.
- All mild steel cut offs and waste is collected and recycled.
- All cardboard boxes and packaging where possible is re used and or recycled.
Office Waste Reduction:
- We recycle waste paper in our offices.
- All copy paper and letterhead is manufactured from recycled paper.
- All invoices are issued on recycled paper
- We utilize email internally and externally for correspondence where possible.
- All computer screens are LCD and low emission.
- Office roof insulation to reduce air conditioning power loads.
- Double glazed windows in heat exposed areas.
- All lights are turned off after office hours.
Hazardous Waste Controls:
- Any hazardous waste as a result of the manufacturing process is collected and retained for collection by specialist waste treatment companies.
- All paints are stored in a special locked hazardous goods area with a spill containment floor.
- All hazardous goods are recorded and the MSDS sheets are kept in the office, the main store and the specified hazardous goods storage areas. These records are also audited by our internal QA officer on a regular basis.
- Fuel is stored in a spill containment bund and is also locked with the key kept in the office at all times except when in use.
- Detergent and wash down materials are also stored in a special hazardous goods area with a spill containment floor.